Easiest Way to Make Homemade Citrus Butter Cake

Citrus Butter Cake.

Citrus Butter Cake

Hello everybody, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we're going to make a special dish, citrus butter cake. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I'm gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.

Citrus Butter Cake is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it's quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look fantastic. Citrus Butter Cake is something which I've loved my whole life.

To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have citrus butter cake using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.

The ingredients needed to make Citrus Butter Cake:

  1. {Take of Flour.
  2. {Make ready of Butter.
  3. {Make ready of Buttermilk.
  4. {Get of Sugar.
  5. {Get of Eggs.
  6. {Take of Vanilla Extract.
  7. {Make ready of Baking Powder.
  8. {Make ready of Baking Soda.
  9. {Take of Salt.
  10. {Get of Dried Citrus Peel (or fruit trail mix).

Instructions to make Citrus Butter Cake:

  1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Mix all dry ingredients and grease the hell out of your pan. If you have buttermilk, ignore what I’ve done with the milk. If not, add 1 Tbs vinegar to a 1 cup measuring cup and fill the difference with whole milk..
  2. Cream together the 2 sticks of butter and sugar. Add eggs in one at a time. Add in vanilla extract. Mix well between additions..
  3. Add in half the dry ingredients. Mix. Add in milk. Mix. Add remaining dry ingredients. Mix.. Citrus Butter Cake
  4. Chop your candied citrus (or trail mix). I also have some candied ginger in here. Add that in and give it a final mix..
  5. Your pan will determine the cooking time. I opted for cast iron gem pans. For small muffin type pans, I’d say to fill it 70% of the way up. For a single large pan, it won’t matter. I used a large freezer bag in an attempt to pipe it batter in. It helped..
  6. Small pans were done in 27 minutes. I would guess that larger pans would take about 45 minutes. Just check with a toothpick or wooden skewer for doneness. If your pan is greased well, it will come right out. Allow to cool for a bit..
  7. You can frost this or sauce this if you please. However, I chose not to. I’m getting old, haha. The sweetness was fine. The candied citrus brings enough to the party..

So that's going to wrap this up with this special food citrus butter cake recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I'm confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!

Subscribe to receive free email updates: